We Will Guide You Through The Probate Process Step By Step
The legal process establishing the validity of a will is known as probate. Probate also allows someone who has passed on to settle his or her debts and legally pass ownership of property to people designated in his or her will. This process can be complex and overwhelming for anyone not familiar with it.
If you were named as the executor (now referred to as the personal representative) of someone’s estate, the law office of Bieber & Czechowski is ready to help you get through the probate process as quickly and painlessly as possible. With more than 80 years of combined experience, our estate planning and probate lawyers have helped many individuals navigate the probate process efficiently and cost-effectively.
Clients may call our Warren, Michigan, law office at 586-754-1450 today to schedule a consultation. You may also contact our law firm online and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible. We are ready to answer your questions, address your concerns and help you properly settle a loved one’s estate.
Expectations Of The Personal Representative
- Obtain several certified copies of the death certificate
- File proper documents with the probate court
- Respond to challenges of the will’s validity
- Collect and inventory all assets that are subject to probate proceedings (including obtaining appraisals)
- Pay the debts and taxes the decedent had at his or her death, as well as all estate expenses
- Transfer estate property to heirs and beneficiaries
- Address other issues as necessary
At Bieber & Czechowski, our team of talented attorneys and staff will advise you throughout the process, as well as alleviate the enormous stress it can cause you and your family.
Discuss Your Probate Matter Today
We are ready to listen to your situation and invite you to take advantage of our more than eight decades of combined legal experience. Contact our probate law firm online today or call 586-754-1450 to discuss your probate concerns.